Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the buzzword of the moment, captivating everyone with its endless possibilities. But when it comes to interpreters, there’s a mix of awe and concern about whether AI will take over their jobs.
So, let’s address the big question: will Artificial Intelligence Interpretation really replace professional interpreters?
WIRED magazine recently conducted an experiment where two professional interpreters went head-to-head with an AI interpreting tool, and the results were intriguing.
Let’s look at some key takeaways from the experiment:
Spoiler alert: While AI can rapidly process vast amounts of information, AI interpretation is not…
LINKS INTERPRETERS LOVE is a monthly curated collection of articles, free resources, and industry-related goodies from various sources across the internet. A lot of good information can be found here, so check back each month for more!
- Pro Interpreters vs. AI Challenge: Who Translates Faster and Better?
- Canadian interpreter’s workplace injury highlights on-the-job health risks
- In his new movie, Guy Ritchie explores the soldier/interpreter dynamic in war
Resources from around the web:
- 22 medical podcasts to increase your vocabulary in healthcare
- Watch archived videos from federal courts to get familiar with different proceedings
Recap with us:
This year is your opportunity for fresh start. As with any fresh start, it can be exciting, scary, hopeful, and overwhelming all at once. There are goals you want to accomplish, whether they are personal or professional, and we want to offer a few tips to help you start the year not just with distant, “I’ll do it someday,” goals in mind, but rather with a clear idea of what steps you’ll take to create and accomplish your plans.
1. Evaluate and reflect: how did the year go?
Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting…