Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the buzzword of the moment, captivating everyone with its endless possibilities. But when it comes to interpreters, there’s a mix of awe and concern about whether AI will take over their jobs.
So, let’s address the big question: will Artificial Intelligence Interpretation really replace professional interpreters?
WIRED magazine recently conducted an experiment where two professional interpreters went head-to-head with an AI interpreting tool, and the results were intriguing.
Let’s look at some key takeaways from the experiment:
Spoiler alert: While AI can rapidly process vast amounts of information, AI interpretation is not…
LINKS INTERPRETERS LOVE is a monthly curated collection of articles, free resources, and industry-related goodies from various sources across the internet. A lot of good information can be found here, so check back each month for more!
- Pro Interpreters vs. AI Challenge: Who Translates Faster and Better?
- Canadian interpreter’s workplace injury highlights on-the-job health risks
- In his new movie, Guy Ritchie explores the soldier/interpreter dynamic in war
Resources from around the web:
- 22 medical podcasts to increase your vocabulary in healthcare
- Watch archived videos from federal courts to get familiar with different proceedings