LINKS INTERPRETERS LOVE is a monthly curated collection of articles, free resources, and industry-related goodies from various sources across the internet. A lot of good information can be found here, so check back each month for more!
- Pro Interpreters vs. AI Challenge: Who Translates Faster and Better?
- Canadian interpreter’s workplace injury highlights on-the-job health risks
- In his new movie, Guy Ritchie explores the soldier/interpreter dynamic in war
Resources from around the web:
- 22 medical podcasts to increase your vocabulary in healthcare
- Watch archived videos from federal courts to get familiar with different proceedings
Recap with us:
Court interpreters play a crucial role in ensuring that everyone has equal access to the legal system, especially those who have limited English proficiency. They are professionals who follow strict ethical standards and act as impartial officers of the court.
In the United States, both federal and state courts provide interpreting services to meet the needs of diverse populations with limited English proficiency. To maintain high standards, certification programs have been established to assess the competence of court interpreters.
In this article, we’ll shed light on the requirements and processes of federal and state interpreting certifications, as well…